Alafia Tomato Sauce - (Tray of 6)
Alafia Tomato Sauce (360g).
This sauce is extremely versatile. It goes well with all carbohydrate dishes, from: Pasta dishes to jacket potatoes, chips, wedged potatoes, pizza toppings, it is good with bean dishes such as black eye beans, Carnelloni beans, Chilli con-carne, fish, vegetables, chicken, lamb, etc.
- Ideal for casseroles or vegetable stew.
- A perfect accompanying sauce for cooking meat, poultry or chilli con carne dishes.
- Also perfect for pizza topping.
- A ready base for spicy lasagne.
THE EASIEST WAY TO COOK JOLLOF RICE USING ALAFIA TOMATO STEW
Please read our Delivery Policy before continuing to find out how Odeiga House Limited delivers items purchased from this website. Please use the links at the bottom of this page to access our Delivery Policy
Please read our Returns Policy for items purchased from this website. Please use the links at the bottom of this page to access our Returns Policy module)
This sauce is extremely versatile. It goes well with all carbohydrate dishes, from Pasta dishes to jacket potatoes, chips, wedged potatoes, pizza toppings, it is good with bean dishes such as black eye beans, Cannelloni beans, Chilli con-Carne, fish, vegetables, chicken, lamb, etc.
This spicy tomato sauce is perfect for preparing the popular jollof rice or Coconut fried rice.
Cooking ideas with Alafia Tomato sauce:
WHITE RICE AND PLANTAINS WITH ALAFIA TOMATO STEW
ALAFIA POTATO HOT POT
SAMPLE RECIPE: JOLLOF RICE USING ALAFIA TOMATO STEW
Jollof rice is an African rice dish. It is the progenitor of the Jambalaya and appears in the culinary cultures of several nations. It is known as Paella in Spain, Pilau in India, Risotto in Italy, Ploff in Russia and Jambalaya amongst African Americans.
- One jar of Alafia Tomato cooking sauce.
- 1kg of Easy Cook rice.
- One medium sized onion - chopped.
- One small bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- 2 vegetable Stork cubes.
- 190 ml of vegetable oil.
- One level desert spoonful of salt.
- 500 ml of warm water.
1) Pour vegetable oil, rice and onion into a large cooking pot. Crumble stock cubes into contents of the pot.
2) Add salt and begin to gently stir-fry contents of the pot on a low to medium heat for 3 -5 minutes or until rice and onions begin to brown.
3) Turn heat down to very low and then add warm water to rice without stirring.
4) Spoon in half a jar of the Alafia tomato cooking sauce (do not stir!).
5) Pour frozen mixed vegetable onto the rice (without stirring). Stirring at this stage will cause the rice to begin to burn at the base without cooking through.
6) Cover pot tightly with a lid or kitchen foil and allow to simmer or steam through for 10 - 15 minutes.
7) Open after at least 10 minutes to see if rice is cooked and softened.
8) If rice is still not softened add a little more water if the pot is drying out. Cover and allow to cook or steam through for another 5 - 10 minutes.
9) Gently stir the entire contents of pot together before serving.
You might also like